Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Introducing Isabelle Marie Petersen

Our Bella was born at 12:45 am on April 4.
She weighed 6lb 13 oz and was 21.25" long.



Tall and skinny just like her daddy and sisters!




Just hanging out

with Mom


After finally getting her in the right position (kudos to my amazing mid-wife Machelle and my awesome nurse Tiffany who had to roll me every 20 minutes for 7 hours) and 12 hours of labor (bless the person who invented epiderals!) Bella joined our family. It was a little scarey for the first few minutes because she decided to breath in some yucky stuff, but after some oxygen and a bath she perked right up. She is a very good baby. She likes to sleep 4 hours a night and is a big snacker during the day. She hates binkeys (I seriously do not know what to do! ) and likes her daddy to bounce her in the air. She has been a bit jaundace so we put her in the sun as much as possible and she loves it.



Libby and Abby came to the hospital early Saturday morning to meet Bella before they headed off to Mesa Verda Colorado on a fun trip with Grandma, Pog, Ashley,Mike and Ryan. They are such good sisters and are helpful to their mom.

Kally came later to meet Bella and it was love at first sight. She just loves "Baby Bella" and has not acted jealous one time. She told me "Mom, she can't go back inside, I love her". Kally did try and share a jelly bean but realized after Bella screamed at her that it wasn't going to work. "I guess baby Bella just wants your milk mom, geez!"

3 comments:

  1. She is beautiful, Erika. Congratulations! Glad she is being such a good sleeper for you. Wish I had a solution for the binki. Just keep trying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally pics. Great to be able to be involved so far away. I wish I could be there. I miss my nieces. I'm glad that overall Bella's health is good. Keep the pics coming!!

    ReplyDelete